The difference between opiates and opioids, the various types, and their effects
What Are Opiates
What is an opiate? Where do they come from? What types of opiates/opioids are there? What is the difference between an opiate and an opioid?
Types of Opioids
Each page contains information about the opioid's chemistry, history, legality, and medical and pharmaceutical uses.
- Codeine (Tylenol #3)
- Morphine (MS Contin, MSIR, Avinza, Kadian)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab, Norco)
- Tramadol (Ultram, Ryzolt, ConZip)
- Oxycodone (OxyContin, Percocet, Roxicodone)
- Heroin (diacetylmorphine)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Palladone, Hydromorph Contin)
- Oxymorphone (Opana)
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Fentanyl (Actiq, Duragesic)
- Methadone (Methadose, Dolophine)
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Subutex)
- Poppy Tea
Effects of Opioids
Short term effects(common, uncommon, rare/overdose); long-term effects; effects of IV opioid use.